[StBernard] Upcoming Elections and Email List

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jul 15 22:22:31 EDT 2007

The upcoming elections are sure to bring out the discussions on this list
both pro and con for various candidates. Through the years I've seen a lot
of people willing to spout off politically but never willing to put their
name behind what they say.

For this reason, I am going to ban any anonymous political emails. If you
send an email without signing your name, I am going to assume you forgot to
sign it and add it for you.

If you wish to convey a story you read or someone told you, please provide
the source by name. No "my friend told me that blah blah blah." Instead,
please use something along the lines of "My friend, Dan Junot, told me blah
blah blah."

I do keep all emails send to the list, even ones that don't make it through
(I have just under 20,000 emails from the first year of the list and sitting
at 8,000 from Aug 29, 2006 to present).

Politics tends to bring the worse out in some people, especially when they
think no one knows who they are, look at the NOLA.com forums. The intention
here has always been to avoid that.

Westley