[StBernard] sewerage

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jul 17 23:39:59 EDT 2007

Warren,

there is no ongoing battle for the Feds to pay our sewer pump repairs- it
just has not been acted on for almost two years despite numerous debates
over the issue. the 16.95 bill includes a minimum water charge and despite
the sewer system being compromised, there is still sewer treatment going on
at the treatment facilities once the sewerage gets there- the sewer system
issue is one that has been debated for months and months with the bids on
the repairs for the lift stations only now being issued.

As far as the council districts being re-districted, I would not be in favor
of jumping into that since the geographic area of the parish has not changed
and the representation of the public is still needed. Especially since the
bargain price of 600.00 per month is still in place. I believe the more
prudent thing to do is see what unfolds in the next few years and if
necessary then look at a charter amendment- which requires the vote of the
public.

It is odd that you see the recovery as an illusion- my hope is that in the
next few months there can be a real vision embraced and a unified effort to
make it a reality.

God Bless,
Craig