[StBernard] Gov's veto

Westley Annis westley at devacaps.com
Thu Jul 19 19:48:07 EDT 2007

Since the governor chose to veto raising the min. car insurance liability, I
suggest everyone review their own coverage for underinsured/uninsured
motorist. Do you realize what a person with no insurance or just the min.
$10,000 could cost you should you and your family get hit due to no fault of
yours? Do you realize that your car and injury would only be compensated to
$10,000? Also, had she signed this legislation, underinsured/uninsured
coverage premiums would have been reduced. Don't be caught in the same
pickle as flood insurance, i.e. "I didn't get it to save money and now I
lost everything." The insurance industry says our rates are so high due to
abundance of lawsuits, lack of insured motorists, low limits on required
insurance, and number of accidents because of bad driving. Just ask
yourself with odds like this in this LA, can you afford to not have some
underinsured/uninsured coverage on your auto policy? ddk