[StBernard] Recovery

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jul 19 19:49:44 EDT 2007

SJK,

That was my point. Although I didn't make it very well. It dawned on me
that the way things looked in the parish was because of progress and
recovery. So it is a good thing. I am saying, yes, we do and should have
the ability to police better and enforce our laws better. We are not doing
a good enough job at that. I know that everyone is overwhelmed. But still
I have not seen one police car patroling at all and I am in the parish an
awful lot working on my property there. Yes, I know the subdivisions you
mentioned are doing very well, but we have so many more subdivisions that
are not and where rebuilding is patchy and random. I don't know what the
answer is. I don't have the answer. I wish I could go pick up all this
mess myself, but like everyone else, my plate is full. I didn't mean any
offense, I'm just looking to Craig for insight, answers, and leadership.

Laurie