[StBernard] Governor Blanco releases veto message for SB 223

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 20 21:00:11 EDT 2007

Firstly, I found the same condition of low-rates existed in Georgia.

Louisiana appears to have some of the WORSE drivers in the world. In
observation, I'd say that most cannot drive in rain, much less snow. Many
engage in cell phone/text messaging while driving (if that is what they're
actually doing behind the wheel). Many are brain-dead with high degrees of
concerns, emotional problems, (present company excluded), day-dreaming
tendencies, and partying on the brain.

We won't get into speeding as many here may be just as guilty when in a
hurried state of mind running off to work or coffee break.

Lastly, I'm in favor of the veto by Ms. Blanco if only because more will be
driving without insurance being unable to afford increases and while we're
discussing those without currently==who is to say that premiums for
uninsured motorists coverage will DROP? If the impact for raising minimum
coverage would be to cover uninsured's, would an increase of minimums affect
those without insurance coverage in a positive manner? What guarantee will
there be that raising coverage minimums get more to drive with coverages?

Larger metropolitan cities over smaller ones doesn't seem to be as much an
issue as bad driver records and risk taking driving.

--jer--