[StBernard] Georges Report: Turning Louisiana Around

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jul 23 22:20:59 EDT 2007

July 23, 2007

Dear Fellow Louisianans,

This has been an exciting and eye opening week for me in my campaign to
become your next Governor and turn our great state around. It is the middle
of July and I have almost completed my leadership tour of all four corners
of Louisiana.

I have met with economic development leaders, elected officials, civic and
business leaders in West Monore, Monroe, Ruston, Shreveport, Bossier,
Alexandria, Pineville, Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, Covington,
Mandeville, Grand Isle, Metairie and New Orleans and many small towns in
between. I am quite impressed with the leadership we have in this state at
the local level. Everywhere I see a lot of good people working hard to make
Louisiana a better place and I have learned about new opportunities for
Louisiana's future everywhere I go. We have a unique view of the world and
our vigorous, creative approach to life is a real advantage.

Unfortunately, everyone I met with expressed a common theme of failed
leadership at the state level. It appears that partisan politics continues
to get in the way of our progress. Louisiana cannot afford to have the
vicious inside game of winners and losers keep us behind. Turning Louisiana
around will take the time, talent and treasures of each and every one of us.
State government needs to listen more to the people for from the four
corners of our state and not try to tell them what they need. I listen to my
customers every day in business and succeed by meeting their individual
needs. This is what I will bring to government to turn Louisiana around.

One unique place I have enjoyed listening and learning from people around
the state is through my MySpace page - it takes me on a virtual tour of
Louisiana every day. As people around the state have become my "MySpace
friends", they have not held back on sharing their views and showing me the
unique challenges they face every day. When I browse their pages, I see
amazing talent in music and the arts, stories of turnaround and redemption,
strong family bonds, deep faith and dedication to working through the blows
life has dealt them. I am thankful to have their words of encouragement
because it inspires me as we work to turn Louisiana around and make it a
better state for all of us. If you want to see my MySpace page and become a
MySpace friend, click here.
<http://hcrowd.bm23.com/public/?q=message_link&fn=Key&id=bddgnhpptvqmszrqmzc
hpysnpgfpbhi&link=aeegndwbhdfeairbkbrmtviyokdmbob>

The Georges for Governor campaign headquarters is up and running in Metairie
on the northwest corner of Causeway and I-10. Dan Forman, my campaign
manager, has t-shirts and bumper stickers for anyone who would like them and
he is actively taking yardsign and large sign requests. Please click here to
go to my website
<http://hcrowd.bm23.com/public/?q=message_link&fn=Key&id=bddgnhpptvqmszrqmzc
hpysnpgfpbhi&link=cclaevljxgmkjetusjarrwxphaxybcp> , email your request to
askjohn at georgesforgovernor.com or just stop by!

Please feel free to send me your thoughts and ideas at
askjohn at georgesforgovernor.com - I would love to see them. It's time for a
turnaround and together we will Change Louisiana.

John Georges

P.S. I have addressed my perspective on the events surrounding Senator David
Vitter in a separate press release on my website. Please click here to read
it.
<http://hcrowd.bm23.com/public/?q=message_link&fn=Key&id=bddgnhpptvqmszrqmzc
hpysnpgfpbhi&link=amlozbtovrgjhpxeoocpnytnsbzbbmm>