[StBernard] For Craig

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jul 26 20:51:07 EDT 2007

John,

I will send the request about the new debris forward- the enforcement of
these ordinances have been somewhat sketchy from the administration but
definitely keep calling on them.

I have requested that final approval for inspections not be granted until
new debris is cleaned but that does not help on houses that already have
their power.

There is no set published schedule for the order of the light poles but the
vast majority of the poles should be completed by the end of the year.
Poles that are repaired and not working should be called in to public works
at 278-4317 or let me know if you cannot get through. There is a
coordination between Entergy and the contractor to facilitate getting the
lights on.

The FEMA deadline, unless an extension is granted, for demolition is August
29. Obviously, the demolitions will never be completed by that date. The
issue of which properties will be included in reimbursement is still
uncertain as we are awaiting a ruling about if a house is in the pre-demo
process being reimbursable or not. If the ruling is in-process, it allows
literally a couple of thousand more homes to be included- if it for
completed demolition by the deadline we are up the proverbial creek unless
the extension is granted.

God Bless,
Craig