[StBernard] Governor Blanco's Week in Review: July 30-August 3

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Aug 4 22:43:13 EDT 2007

Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco's Week in Review: July 30-August 3

NEWS <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=2&articleID=3050>

8.3.07
Governor Blanco Issues Statement on Veto Override Session Vote
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&articleID=3116>

8.1.07
Governor Blanco urges Congressional support of SCHIP reauthorization
BATON ROUGE - Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco sent the following letter to Louisiana's Congressional Delegation today, requesting support for improvements and reauthorization of the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) before it expires September 30.
Read More
<http://www.gov.state.la.us/assets/docs/08%2001%2007-SCHIP%20Reauthorization%20%20Letter.pdf>

8.1.07
EDITORIAL: A Fitting Farewell to Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco
I am not a Democrat nor am I a Republican or a member of any political party. I find political parties are like any other party; where most of folks dress, talk, think and are alike. In contrast, I prefer to follow leaders of our society because they are the most capable, regardless of their party affiliation. I support those politicians who understand more than the obvious. I want and need the deeper stuff, you know what I mean?
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&articleID=3114>

7.31.07
EDITORIAL: Teamwork on hospital
A new veterans hospital in downtown New Orleans will help patients as well as the city, and state and city leaders are trying to make that clear to the head of veterans affairs.
Read More
<http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&cat! ID=27&articleID=3108>

7.31.07
EDITORIAL: Blanco veto was justified
We are delighted that parents in Louisiana have so many good options - public, private, parochial, home school - when it comes to educating their school-age children.
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=3109&navID=3>

PROCLAMATIONS

* Proclamation No. 58 KBB 2007 - for a special election for the office of district judge in the Fifth Judicial District Court.
* Proclamation No. 59 KBB 2007 - for a special election for the office of Criminal District Court judge in Orleans Parish.
* Proclamation No. 60 KBB 2007 - for a special election for the office of justice of the peace in Assumption Parish.
* Proclamation No. 61 KBB 2007 - for an amendment of Proclamation No. 57 KBB 2007 for a special election for the office of justice of the peace in West Feliciana Parish.
* Proclamation No. 62 KBB 2007 - for a special election for the office of justice of the peace in Rapides Parish.
* Proclamation No. 63 KBB 2007 - for a special election for the three seats in the office of alderman in St. Tammany Parish.

Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=3106&navID=3>

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org