[StBernard] New HBO documentary of the atomic bomb drops on Japan

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Aug 13 20:23:24 EDT 2007

At the time and without knowledge of total obliteration, justification may
or may not have been justified.

Now the next question: what justifies using it again? After 1st strike by
terrorists or rogue nations? Equal superpowers using nuclear weapons
(Russia/China)?

At what point must we accept 1/3 of the planet's losses as warranted? I
wouldn't wish to make the decision any more than accepting the bombing, I
suppose. It's unimaginable the devestation 100 times or more what Katrina
has done to us. People of God can only pray that hope is their comfort.

--jer-

My understanding is that we offered the Japanese several opportunities to
surrender and they would not. I believe they were advised that they would
suffer destruction such as had never before had been witnessed and they
still fought on.

They were warned, they fought on, they lost. End of story.

Jim