[StBernard] we need to know anything about.. Jindal Info

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Aug 15 23:00:04 EDT 2007

"Jer, Can you tell me any facts that you know about Jindal? His voting
status on
bills in congress? Why he wont debate ANYONE running for governor?
Anything that he has actually done as a congressman in the past few years?

Please tell me I am confused about this governors race, and it sure seems
that you know it all.;..help me to make a decision, that will help our state
and by God help us here in St.Bernard.......thanks judie"

***Judie, remember the old saying about "religion and politics make strange
bedfellows"? That says it all if one holds any belief in the Almighty.

The facts (and discussions) could best be expressed on Mr. Jindal's website,
so read the facts and myths (many by his opponents):

http://www.bobbyjindal.com/

Moreover, it is a STATE governed election meaning whomever wins IS mandated
to do His BEST to represent all of the state. The character of the man MUST
be considered in decisions. I cannot say whether any of the candidates will
be discovered to be a philanderer after his election. Or, any hanky-panky
corruption from anyone's past. We'll let the victims prove this with the
facts if there are any discovery in the future.

Somehow, it's tough for me to vote for many of the runners. It's strange but
in the past, many runners are "deathly afraid" to run because of any
"skeletons in the closet". The anxiety of it becoming known after the
election fosters much fear that one would not be able to handle any scandal
and dishonor towards loved ones, friends and voters.

Only God knows this. (those who do not believe in God makes no distinction
between God-given goodness and any belief in HIS intervention.

One should vote his/her heart/conscience about the better of the choices
given. Consider how a candidate runs a campaign as how devious that
character behaves. Believe this: That heart is the SAME one that will occupy
the governor's mansion. (I doubt that the heart gets any purer because of
what power does to an individual).

" Why he wont debate ANYONE running for governor "

**I suspect that he's working hard to campaign around the state and with a
63% or so lead in the polls, he'll concentrate on winning areas of that he's
weak. Secondly, I'd be offended, insulted and peaved if someone would break
out a cardboard cutout on stage by 3rd grade mentality. Believe me several
of the candidates running can hold their own in adversity, but as stated
everywhere, the record speaks for itself. A circus atmosphere won't include
any real solutions but an all-out bashing of personalities, you can bet
that.

However, it's still a couple of months away. Any such meeting of the minds
is still possible for a debate.

Remember some state candidates voted for raising insurance rates which Ms.
Blanco vetoed what legislatures passed. So, one can't say that Mr. Jindal
has sole proprietary to insurance cuddling.

God help St. Bernard no matter who wins the election. With God's help, it
could be 10 years from Katrina's wrath. Without, we can think 15-20 years.
(barring any future storms headed toward our ground zero).

Follow YOUR heart not that of the candidate. Clearly, I envision any
Louisiana candidate can only do as well as hard work/dedication, knowledge
as how to develop a strong network with people who make the significant
difference or has power in high-places <G>. Furthermore, Charisma does count
and the more LA knows the candidate, the better informed the voter can
become to make the choice he/she feels is the correct one for our future.

--jer--