[StBernard] A message to fellow parents, from our CEO

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Aug 15 23:06:00 EDT 2007

To fellow parents, from our CEO

To the members of the Fisher-Price Family,

As you have heard, Fisher-PriceR and our parent company, Mattel, have
announced voluntary
product recalls in the past two weeks. We appreciate the trust you've placed
in us as members of the Fisher-Price Family, and want to share with you this
letter from our CEO and its link to Mattel's website where we further
address your important concerns.

MATTTELR

<http://www.mattel.com/safety/us/>

because your children are our children, too

Dear Fellow Parents,

Nothing is more important than the safety of our children. As a father of
four, I share your focus on providing only what's best for them. As you may
know, we've voluntarily recalled some toys for two different reasons: the
impermissible use of lead paint and risks associated with small high-powered
magnets.
I want to be sure that every parent hears about these issues quickly,
returns affected toys to us, and knows that we have already taken steps to
further ensure the safety of our toys. Please visit
mattel.com/safety <http://www.mattel.com/safety/us/>
where you can learn about the affected toys, what we've done, and to find
answers to your questions.
Our long record of safety at Mattel is why we're one of the most trusted
names with parents. And I am confident that the actions we are taking now
will maintain that trust.
You have my personal commitment that we are working extremely hard to
address your concerns and continue creating safe, entertaining toys for you
and your children.
Sincerely
Bob Eckert, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Mattel, Inc.