[StBernard] parish rules

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Aug 20 17:43:15 EDT 2007

At last, the parish is requiring all construction debris to be removed as a
condition of receiving final inspection approval to occupy and asking
citizens to report those placing new construction debris out on the curb.

How about when people have their whole lawn bulldozed and put a ton of mud
in the street for weeks with poles and fence materials embedded rather than
have it hauled away as part of the bulldozing?

How about large travel trailers parked curbside for months with extension
cords going across the street to someone's house meter?

How about the multitude of plywood signs all over just waiting to go
airborne?

It's not the parish government doing all this, it's from some of the
residents, and some of the businesses, and some of those who work for them.

Come on, where's our pride? Where's our consideration for the safety of
others? Where are we two years after Katrina? We're still stuck with the
mentality that anything goes, anything is acceptable in St. Bernard,
anything so someone can make a buck or save a buck.

There isn't enough money to do the things parish govt has to do, let alone
police us for the things that were illegal before 8/05 and still are. Isn't
it time to take back our parish by the people who have come back and have
been responsible citizens and businesses?

Perhaps at the District C meeting this Thursday at 7pm we can talk about how
we the people of District C take back our neighborhoods. ddk