[StBernard] Court clerk seeking new term

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Aug 21 21:01:46 EDT 2007

Gaby:

If voicing my opinion regarding rude customer service is picking, then yes I
am.
I shared my opinion based on the few interactions I've had with the Clerk of
Court office. I was not greeted by sweet and helpful people. I was not met
with eye-contact or a smile or a "how may I help you" voice; on the
contrary, I was met with disdain and an outwardly "you are bothering me"
attitude.

Granted, some of us may receive great service, which may based on whether or
not we know someone outside of their professional position. But I was a
stranger who received poor service on each occasion that I visited. That is
what it is.

My opinion is also that an elected office should not be a career, that it is
important to open the doors for equally or in some cases better qualified
candidates. I do not harbor any ill will for Ms Torres; I am simply stating
that I received poor service. And any successful leader should recognize
that they are ultimately responsible for their staff and should welcome
feedback that may enhance their department's performance.

Cindy Meyers

No, do not pick on Ms Lena. SHe is the sweetest and most helpful
lady, and
that same-day service is working wonderfully.
About your question: in her 86 years in the parish, she probably
actively
participated in more organizations than several of us combined.

GABY
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they
don't
want, to impress people they don't like. -Will Rogers