[StBernard] Mr. Boasso & Jer need to sit down and talk...get somefacts straight

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Aug 22 23:36:39 EDT 2007

"I like Walter Boasso. I have met him on several occasions. He is real. My

brother works for him and he is a good man. My husband went to Chalmette
High with him. He is very good to his workers. Generous to his employees.
He's very loyal to St. Bernard. I'm a republican and he's a democrate
--Laurie"

**Honestly, Laurie, I had no issues with Mr. Boasso until he bailed out the
Conservative Party--probably because he knew his chances vs. Mr. Jindal as a
Repub. That strategy might have angered conservatives (firstly, when he ran
vs. Mr. Jindal as a Conservative and could have deluted voting strength to
win over liberals).

We're discussing what he can do for the state of LA as governor and not just
his town as a homeboy. It's vital he represent his state. (In fairness to
Walter, I wouldn't wish Mr. Jindal to only favor his place of residence as
well. It would be unfair not to include the entire state as it's "governor".
(albeit, New Orleans and St. Bernard Parish is destroyed, and yes, it needs
much work and help from state and local perspectives).

Now, we see where the liberals are being portrayed as "clowns" in ads. Geez,
I suppose if you're under 30 (and certainly under 10), you might find it
amusing and cartoonish. I would rather them place ads that will discuss
issues and what their plans are instead of attack ads. Yes, they are silly
and are intended to be buffoonish. So, now Mr. Jindal has been lowered in
the mud with the liberals (most say it's because he was too appeasing and
lost the last governor's election due to his inability to answer his attack

It's pitiful thought that now it's about religion and how to attack it.

At any rate, EVERYONE who runs for governor should think of their fellow man
(even if you're broke, much less wealthy). When a situation occurs to one
who is without unlimited funding, (as in a working man/woman or peasant, it
shows real character to help individuals as a pauper. When I see someone who
has lost everything and still devotes his or her time to others I get very
emotional. I'd much rather see someone broke giving up time or last vestiges
of their lack of fortune to help their fellow man. That's impressive!

All of the candidates, though are successful. (It doesn't have to be 65
Million, but have earned their dues through hard work, have made a dent in
society or the significant difference in boosting humanity to its
fullness.).

Therefore, to many who have gained too much riches, it appears that all
happen to be geared towards what's left and that's to stroke one's ego.
Power has the ability to boost to a high. (not to mention power means
additional riches and getting in trouble when the heat is on).

We're watching the candidates carefully and hope the decision to vote for
the best includes not only the ability to lead (but to network and
strengthen Louisiana's faith, hope and charity along the way. However, as a
conservative, I must say we've seen what the democrats have done this past 4
years for the state and parish. It's time for a change for the betterment.
So, we need to make an informed, healthy decision based on where we've been
and where we plan on going into the next decade during our complete and
hopefully improved recovery and placement in America.

BTW, there are no winners or losers in discussing politics because opinions
are what they are

--Jer--