[StBernard] The Relunctant Politician

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Aug 23 21:38:08 EDT 2007

Local Businessman Announces for Parish Council District 3

Civic leader and Thibodaux business man, Westley Annis, announces his
candidacy for Parish Council District 3.

"Parish government has struggled for over twenty years to make the
transition to a council form of government. The only way we will be able to
make that transition is if we get new leadership in office.

"My intent, when I am elected, is to push this Council to recognize what it
needs to do to move forward instead of hanging on to the failed policies of
the past. For too long this parish has been divided between north, central,
and south. Until this mindset is changed, Lafourche parish will not be able
to move forward and provide the standards of living that its citizens
expect."

Since moving to Thibodaux following the loss of his home in Chalmette due to
Hurricane Katrina, Westley has immediately gotten involved in the community.
He joined the Kiwanis Club of Thibodaux, who he represented at the Civic
Leaders Forum last year, and the Bayou Community Band.

"Since moving to Lafourche Parish I've talked to many lifelong residents who
have given me a history of Lafourche Parish and its politics. My separation
from the politics of old allows me to look at problems with a fresh set of
eyes and come up with new solutions.

"I've been involved in leadership positions with many different civic and
religious organizations. I know what is needed to bring together a
consensus to move ideas past the talking stage."

Westley is married to the former Erica Gilfour of Thibodaux. They have
three children: Mandie, Bernard, and Amalie.

Westley is the founder of da-parish.com, a voice and data consultancy, and
DEVACAPS.com, a data security service.

More information can be found on his website: http://www.TheCaneTruck.com