[StBernard] Clerk of Court

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 24 20:22:46 EDT 2007

Lauire:

I did erroneously put your name on my response. Thanks for setting the
record straight.

I am a firm believer that change is good for any organization. It forces
long term employees to recognize that they are just as accountable to the
administration as well as the public that they serve. Change shakes them
out of their fog.
I think people get so stuck in positions sometimes that they don't realize
they are being offensive and ineffective.

One of the things that makes a leader successful is their ability to groom
someone to fill their shoes; surround themselves with great employees and
the leader will be great. Ms. Torres is no different. She will one day
leave her office; has she prepared her staff to be strong and competent
during the transition period of filling the elected seat? A strong leader
will be prepared for that day so the public customers won't even feel a blip
of a change in service.

Again, I'm not rallying to boot Ms. Torres from office; I'm simply
suggesting that she take a good look at who is handling her customers and
how they are doing it. Leaving a good legacy is something that will make
her very proud and will be a great accomplishment.
Cindy Meyers

Cindy,

I can't take credit for the post that you responded to and addressed
to me.

It was written by Cabowabojan. He does make some very good points.
Since
you had such a bad experience with the Clerk or Courts office maybe
some
people in there do need some additional training. If the person is
having a

bad day they should keep it to themselves. I just have not
experienced
this, I'm not saying it didn't happen to you.

Laurie