[StBernard] Clerk of Court follow up

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Aug 27 21:14:02 EDT 2007

**I'll have to agree on "unprofessionalism", tacky and discourteousness
having experienced this myself.

May I add archaic to the list of improvements to be made. As far back as
mid-90's myself and Mr. Chapman sat to discussions about improving
technology in the office. This included a website of information, etc.
However, it never came to be. To the fairness of her office, the Clerk of
Court's office finally came around to having records digitized (but at the
lateness of the game) and protection of the records needed addressing.

I too have experienced Lena Jr (btw, who is running the show? Lena Sr. or
Jr?) doing a good job at bossing employees before guests present. I'm not
sure if reprimanding is better done in the Clerk's office to show tact. Not
bashing but expressing experiences and opinions.

Dynasty. It fosters wealth and fortune and who knows what. Perhaps an
infusion of new blood would be good for da parish. Especially technology
wise. I'm highly against complacency in a world where you live or die by
keeping abreast of technology in a technology-tuned world. Other westernized
nations are gaining and surpassing our country in this manner. All America
has been doing by complacency and ineptness to technology is outsourcing and
getting other country's corporation to buy into the American dream. May God
help us! It starts at home--in our own community to improve.

==Jer==

I went through the archives to read most of the transmissions regarding Lena
Torres and her staff. The staff may come across as unprofessional and rude.
But, that is because they are NOT ALLOWED to socialize with anyone,
including each other. That office is run like a dictatorship. I have
witnessed screaming matches in that office, mostly including Lena's
daughter, Lena Torres Nunez. They talk down to their employees and try to
humiliate them in front of people, not just me. Start inquiring with legal
staff around the parish and they can tell you the same thing. That entire
office needs revamping.

As for Lena Torres running an efficient office, that is not true. Would an
efficient office NOT abide by the law and mandate fax filing or post the
clerk's fees where the public could see them? Would an efficient office NOT
have a website? Would an efficient office NOT have access to all public
documents? Would an efficient office cause original court records to be
lost or destroyed without having duplicates stored somewhere (hard copy or
electronic)? Would an efficient office NOT have lost important mortgage and
conveyance index records? What does that subscriber consider efficient? I
don't consider that efficient at all!

The longer someone is in office, the higher the probability for that person
to become corrupt. Why do you think that Sidney Torres III is spending so
much money to get his mother back into that office? I can't wait to see the
Finance Committee reports on the spending. At this point, I've spent about
$3,500. The Torreses must have spent over $20,000 to $30,000 at this point
and we are just getting started. By election time, they will probably spend
over $100,000, for a position that pays less than that. Ask yourself why
that is. Why is it so important to keep them in there controlling that
office?

I'll keep you posted!

Thanks,
Wendy