[StBernard] The Facts

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Aug 28 21:58:51 EDT 2007

Whenever I encounter the Guns-No Guns discussions/arguments in the media and
elsewhere, I am always amazed that urban living is assumed to be the norm
for the greatest majority of U.S. citizens. Na-uh. I don't belong to the
NRA but puhleaze do not try to take my guns away from me! What would I use
to "wack" the 5 ft. long water moccassin near my front steps? I certainly
don't mind using a shovel on the smaller ones but geeze-loiuse, would you
get that close to one of them boogers with a stick? And what about the
packs of coyotes that surround my house during the winter? And the
possiblity of encountering a woodland critter foaming at the mouth and
acting strangely is not a sit down and negotiate situation. And I did bring
my gun with me in Oct 2005 on my first visit to Dad's house in Chalmette.
Sorry, but I wasn't going to risk an encounter with a poisonous snake -
whether it had 2 legs or no legs! - without some kind of protection. And
since I travel alone for very long distances (Texarkana to
N.O.,Houston,Fla.etc.), I am considering obtaining a concealed weapon
license. Then I will be one of the thousands of legal, cautious, well
trained gun toting "nuts" the anti-gun people are so afraid of. Go figure.
Penny

-- "Westley Annis" <westley at da-parish.com> wrote:
Personal Injury, Successions, Divorce/Custody - Serving St. Bernard Parish
Greg Noto - Attorney-at-Law
504-279-NOTO (6686)
----

I'll withhold my opinion as to whether the "facts" are true or not, but it's
funny with the last punchline.

Jim

Doctors:

(A) The number of physicians in the U. S. is 700,000.

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

Statistics courtesy of U. S. Dept of Health Human Services.

Now think about this:

Guns:

(A) The number of gun owners in the U. S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's
80 million..)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is
1,500.

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.

Statistics courtesy of the FBI.

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous
than gun owners.

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

FACT:

NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN,

BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.

We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld the statistics
on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical
attention.