[StBernard] Clerk of Court

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Aug 29 01:14:03 EDT 2007

Well, you obviously haven't done your homework and you don't have
professional business with the clerk's office or maybe you receive special
treatment because of who you are. Did you know that ALL of the criminal
records were destroyed by the hurricane? And now criminals get six strikes
and you're out instead of the three because Lena cannot certify her records
because they are gone? Did you know she was mandated to accept fax filing
and she wouldn't do it? Did you know that she is mandated to post her fees
and she didn't? Did you know that her daughter runs that office and that
she employs other family members? Did you know that she will be 87 if she
takes office for another term? If that is the kind of person you want
running the clerk's office, then by all means cast your vote for her.
Personally, I think it is time for her to retire and let someone else take
over the helm.

Wendy

> Laurie,

> The fact of the matter is that Wendy is also running for clerk of court .

> I'm sure that has everything to

> do with bashing the present office and their staff. I have never had a

> problem with the present office either. I do know that Lena Torres has

> poured herself into this community for many years and has given of her

time

> and money to futher the well-being of the parish. I think she is

definitely

> the person for the job at this particular time. After this term she

probably