[StBernard] Boasso Endorsed by Councilwoman Shelley Midura

Westley Annis westley at devacaps.com
Fri Aug 31 22:51:17 EDT 2007

Boasso Gets Endorsement from New Orleans Councilwoman Shelley Midura

Midura Cites Boasso's Leadership After Katrina and His Efforts on Insurance
Reform in Supporting Bid

For immediate release
August 30, 2007

Baton Rouge: State Senator Walter Boasso today received a key endorsement
from New Orleans City Councilwoman Shelley Midura in his campaign to become
Louisiana's next governor.

"Walter Boasso performed heroic acts in the wake of Katrina," Midura said. "
He worked tirelessly to save lives, provide food and water and bring people
to shelter. As a member of the State Senate, he successfully fought to
reform our levee board system by getting rid of the politics. And he has
articulated a clear message of insurance reform, access to quality
healthcare and improved education."

"I'm proud to stand with Walter Boasso and support his candidacy for
Governor of Louisiana," Midura said. "He's the kind of leader we need to
take on the big challenges facing Louisiana."

"I'm proud to have Councilwoman Midura supporting my campaign for change,"
Senator Boasso said. "Shelley is the kind of kind of energetic leader we
need more of. She's bright, innovative and passionate about helping people
and fighting for the underdog. She'll be a big asset to my campaign in the
weeks ahead."

Shelley Midura was elected to the New Orleans City Council from District A
in 2006. Shelley won election to the City Council in the first parish wide
elections held after Katrina. District A includes the hard hit areas of
Lakeview and Gentilly.

###