[StBernard] Jindal says Craig should resign but not Vitter?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 31 23:39:58 EDT 2007

There's a big difference here. Senator Craig legally plead guilty to an
offense, Vitter has not. Also, growing up Catholic I learned there are in
fact different levels of sins. A marital affair, or prostitute affair for
that matter, doesn't strike a nerve as that involving homosexual activity.
You can argue that and try to paint it anyway you won't, but the fact
remains that one wrongful act can indeed be far worse than another - maybe
that's why different crimes have different length jail sentences?

Or to put it bluntly as only a wife (mine) can put it in proper
perspective..."if you're caught with another woman, I'll be mad as hell at
you but I can eventually forgive you for that. But if you're caught with
another man, I'll despise you and never want to look at your face again."

Folks, I think that just about sums it up why Jindal can call for Craig's
resignation and not Vitter's.

- John Scurich