[StBernard] Georges expected to bolt into Independent status

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 4 23:06:29 EDT 2007

Jer, As Robby has said a couple of times, I think you drank too much Jindal
kool-aid. The reason Boasso, myself, and now Georges have left the
Republican party is because it has become hostage to people who feel as if
they, having never been elected by the people, know what is best for the
people. Roger Villere is the single reason people are leaving the state
party"

**we agree to disagree, Wesley. If Mr. Boasso and Georges are their "OWN
MAN", no individual whether it be in a state party, while beating the war
drum for or while in office will dissuade a "winner" from changing party
affiliation, as obviously, it didn't affect Mr. Jindal, it appears.

It certainly takes a strong, determined, candidate to keep his focus,
maintain his identity in the party and beliefs within.

I'm disappointed with Mr. Boasso and Mr. Georges, etc. for not keeping the
even keel of identity throughout. Whether this brings on a sense of
distrust or further disappointments is yet to be written. Certainly, I
wouldn't vote with complete confidence knowing my candidate has even *less*
confidence than myself in regards to a successful dash to the highest
position statewide. The problem with putting up your own millions is in the
fear of losing one's fortune. When in desperation, one has to do what he/she
needs to do in order to win the game. In this case, it's a lot easier to
change one's identity than it is to be shamed or embarrassed by a loss in
the race. It's quite possible that before the election, we might see a
candidate or so drop out of the race from realization that winning is futile
knowing the strengths and weaknesses in the polls/election chances.

--we shall see.

--jer--