[StBernard] Georges expected to bolt into Independent status

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 4 23:09:41 EDT 2007

Westley, congrats on walking away from that mess in the state G.O.P. It was
interesting to watch the state organization throw out their own rules prior
to this election cycle.

>because it has become hostage to people who feel as if

>they, having never been elected by the people, know what is best for the

>people.

Reminds me of the old oligarchy that was running the state prior to Huey
Long coming to power.

Jim

Jer,

As Robby has said a couple of times, I think you drank too much
Jindal
kool-aid. The reason Boasso, myself, and now Georges have left the
Republican party is because it has become hostage to people who feel
as if
they, having never been elected by the people, know what is best for
the
people.

Roger Villere is the single reason people are leaving the state
party. If
he would have simply followed the party's own rules and by-laws, you
would
not have seen Boasso or Georges leave.

Unfortunately, it looks to me as though Villere has made some kind
of devil
compact between himself, Jindal, and the state press to crown Jindal
the
next governor without so much as an election.

One word of advice, don't believe all polls, and for this race,
don't
believe any poll by Bernie Pinsonet of Southern Media and Opinion
Research.
He is too biased to be believed.

Westley