[StBernard] Jindal says Craig should resign but not Vitter?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 4 23:11:27 EDT 2007

John,

I can't say that I agree with that...I've never been married to someone
of another race, however, I don't find interracial marriages something that
makes me uncomfortable. Was it 50 years ago, of course. Will homosexuality
be much like interracial couples in 50 years, I believe so. Of course,
during the time when Jesus walked the earth, Romans found it to be the
height of fashion to have small boys, women were not worthy enough to sleep
with, only to procreate with. 100 years ago, women weren't fit to vote, hold
office, work,etc. 50 years ago African Americans couldn't be pilots or navy
seals because they couldn't see at night. They couldn't be Marines because
they were not equal to whites. We feel that homosexuals don't deserve the
same rights because of some obscure quote in the old testament. Now, maybe
I'm wrong (and I'm sure Jer will correct me here), but my understanding of
the bible and it's teaching is that prior to Jesus' birth, our Lord was one
that was vengeful. However, once his son was sent, he became a more loving
and forgiving God (I always found that to be the most "Human" quality to
ever be described)
Remember Vitter committed not only a "feely" crime but another crime-
solicitation. They prosecute "Johns" in any other city, but not D.C.

Wendy H