[StBernard] Jindal for Veep?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 4 23:16:51 EDT 2007

Cindy,
What is negative or unreasonable is to run for one elected office (Governor,
twice now) and then leave it for another position before the expiration of
the term the voters elected you to.. People vote for you for that
particular office and expect you to finish what you ran for.

When Jindal lost the gubernatorial election the last time, he set his
sights on the seat in the First Cong. District when Vitter was elected to
the Senate. Jindal won the race handily and the same for his reelection bid
to the same seat. Then he decided he wanted to run again for another set of
pastures and announced for governor again. Had I been a voter in that
district I don't know that I wouldn't have been unhappy about that, having
just reelected him to the seat.

Clout on the Hill in Congress is based on seniority. The longer you're
there the better your chances of getting some plum committee assignments.
It's possible Jindal might have been able to do more for Louisiana by
staying in the House, being able to direct funds to the state.

Just my opinion and 2 cents worth.

Jim

What is negative or unreasonable about moving up with experience? My
thoughts are that one should not be in one position for any extended
length
of time, i.e., the Torres', Edwin, Morials, etc. I'm just not
comfortable
with one person holding so much power for a lengthly period. The
lose sight
of their goals, tend to abuse privileges that come with their
position, and
make bedfellows of those who seek to corrupt.

If gaining experiences that qualify you for powerful positions, who
wouldn't
take that route?
Cindy Meyers