[StBernard] Bobby Jindal - Above the Law, Below the table.

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 6 00:01:58 EDT 2007

Bobby Jindal - Above the Law, Below the table.
I want to take a moment to blog about something I think is really important
that I have been holding in for a while. Recently, with a group of my Tulane
College Democrat friends as we were going over some campaign filings for the
governor's race I noticed some major "discrepancies" on the report of the
campaign filing of Bobby Jindal for Governor.

It seems that despite all of his rhetoric about ethics and family values
that he does not have the decency hold himself to the same standard.

He's the deal. In the month of June the Republican Party of Louisiana spent
$118,264.76 on the Jindal Campaign for direct mail. The Republican party
openly admitted this support. As it should have. The Jindal campaign itself
however did not. They chose to leave out this massive party kickback. They
left it out when they filed their first report with the ethics board on July
25th. Then when they filed an amendment to their report on August 10th they
left it out again.

Over looking 118 grand is once is enough, but to look it over two times,
that's intentional.

Below is a copy of the complaint I filed to the ethics board about Jindal.
Forward it to your friends who want to cut this type of hypocrisy out of
government.

"August 21, 2007

Louisiana Board of Ethics
2415 Quail Drive, Third Floor
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808

Dear Ethics Board:

I would like to bring a situation to your attention that needs to be
investigated as a violation of Louisiana Campaign Finance Disclosure laws.

On July 25, 2007 the Republican Party of Louisiana filed a campaign finance
report (LA-11826 - F202) which listed several expenditures that benefited
the Bobby Jindal for Governor Campaign. More specifically, the report states
that the Republican Party sent out several mailers on behalf of the Jindal
Campaign that totaled $118,264.76.

The dates and amounts of the expenditures by the Louisiana Republican Party
on behalf of the Jindal Campaign were as follows:

Majority Strategies135 Professional Dr Ste 104Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
06/04/2007
Direct mail Jindal Gov
75120.30

Majority Strategies135 Professional Dr Ste 104Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
06/13/2007
Direct mail Jindal Gov
10000.00

Majority Strategies135 Professional Dr Ste 104Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
06/13/2007
Direct mail Jindal Gov
10000.00

Majority Strategies135 Professional Dr Ste 104Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
06/13/2007
Direct mail Jindal Gov
5040.10

Majority Strategies135 Professional Dr Ste 104Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
06/28/2007
Direct mail Jindal Gov
10000.00

Majority Strategies135 Professional Dr Ste 104Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
06/28/2007
Direct mail Jindal Gov
8104.36

On July 23, 2007 the Bobby Jindal for Governor Campaign filed a campaign
finance report (LA-11813 - F102) and on August 10, 2007 they made an
amendment to that filing (LA-11870 - F102). Disclosure of the $118,264.76 in
contributions from the Louisiana Republican Party is not evident in either
of Mr. Jindal's campaign finance reports

Failure to disclose $118,264.76 in contributions is a clear violation of
Louisiana Campaign Finance Law.

Therefore, I respectfully ask the Louisiana Board of Ethics to commence an
investigation of this matter and demand that Mr. Jindal disclose all
contributions received by his campaign so the public can enjoy full
disclosure of his campaign finance activities.

Respectfully,

Chris Stow-Serge
New Orleans, La.