[StBernard] St. Bernard and moving to recovery

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 6 01:43:13 EDT 2007

"Well I'll take that as your feeling that my opinion(s)
(or the "right" to post them here) aren't worth much
these days."

Jer: Nay, sir, I also am reciprocal in denying that you have what you deem
good intentions toward your party. I just say that I won't ever agree with
liberal views that deny the existence of republican views that want the best
for LA, but in lieu here, are leaving conservative views out the equation.

Jim: "Jerry: Where did the funds for the Road Home program
come from? Where does FEMA get its funds for
rebuilding infrastructure? Where does the HUD
money come from? Why the Feds and Capitol Hill
and the Congress."

Jer: Why ask, you probably know this<G>. Thank GOD. The problem is that
Louisiana's most injured victims are still awaiting their money thanks to
Demo/Liberal mismanagement of the funds the conservatives provided.

Jim: Boasso, as a state senator would have had very little
impact on that funding. A Congressman or Senator on
the right committees in DC does have that impact.

Jer: Why? The money's been in the state government's bank account. After 2
years, myself and 2/3's of the victims are still praying there will be any
funding left. Reading the papers carefully would have told you this. Mr.
Boasso would have "little" to assist his state as LA governor? There is
already a liberal and a conservative at the Senator level. Money has been
allocated, but not enough. We need to finish the job. People have to have
money in their hands to feel more secure and economically afloat. Businesses
in the parish as well. Without business and economic development--we can
believe the once bedroom community existing in the parish will either find
that support null 'n void, or sustainable on the business or consumer sides.

<<Jim (who feels that despite Jerry's thoughts on Jim's
2 cents worth of opinions, feels he's entitled to
post them here as long as Westley passes them through)>>

Jer: Sure, there are countless issues that affect us. Although our bodies
and minds took the blunt of the trauma via Katrina, our determination to see
that proper justice is done to get us though the dilemma still exists. One
can bet that the 2 Cents have tripled since Katrina, especially in the
parish and throughout the state and nation. My homeland was affected. I
can't idly sit back and watch my culture and community die on the vine
waiting for help. I personally am aware of 4 suicides and more contemplating
while awaiting a hand-up. The Road Home has been a debacle. WE need
politicians who will be more proactive than ever before--starting at da
parish and working the controls at the state level. That's why I'm
supporting one who can shake, rattle and roll, starting at the local and
state levels.

-jer-

"Clout on the Hill in Congress is based on seniority. The longer
you're
there the better your chances of getting some plum committee
assignments.
It's possible Jindal might have been able to do more for Louisiana
by
staying in the House, being able to direct funds to the state.

Just my opinion and 2 cents worth. --Jim"

**Now, Jim...

It's the flipside of what I expected from Boasso from the start of
his
switchover. He would have (or continue to have if so) helped St.
Bernard
Parish further by maintained his Senate position instead of wanting
to bite
the "apple of desire" as a LA governor.

We all know that Mr. Boasso is an honorable man (and I won't attempt
to use
Brutus or Caesar as an example ) and now when St. Bernard Parish
needs
him, he'll not only probably lose as governor, he'll lose his Senate
Position and be left with the proceeds earned from the sale of his
business.
So, now, he'll be able to help with personal loans from his personal
wealth
>.. Just kiddin', but you know--he must know that the election is
Mr.
Jindal's to lose. Then we might have a chance of moving forward past
the
Katrina debacle.

BTW, where was Mr. Boasso when the first day to qualify for the
governorship
position.

Is he contemplating anything we aren't aware? Didn't want to qualify
on the
same day as his adversaries? Waiting until Today (Wed), Thurs. Fri
or
perhaps still waiting on polls, etc. to see what the chances or/and
or if
they have improved?

At some point, 2 cents worth of opinions aren't worth that much
these days
and at some point, we'll have to petition the government and its
treasury to
remove pennies from our coinage.

Lastly, I'm getting sickened by the commercials from both sides.
They're no
longer funny after it's viewed 2 or 3 hundred times. On both sides
of the
fence, it's getting petty and insulting to intelligences around the
state.

=--jer---