[StBernard] Jr and MRGO

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 7 19:25:28 EDT 2007

That's all he had to do, explain himself ? Maybe so. But his plan still kept
the MRGO open. Keeping the MRGO open with a gate doesn't stop the ship wakes
from eroding the banks of the channel, and destroying wetlands that protect
us from storm surge. It doesn't stop the maintenance dredging which
continually widens the channel as the banks erode to replace material
dredged from the bottom of the channel. You can't keep the channel open and
still restore our wetlands and restore our hurricane protection. You can't
have both a shipping channel and coastal restoration.

jpl