[StBernard] Jindal for Presidency?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 7 20:25:27 EDT 2007

Well, Cindy. I understand your concern about a candidate escalating to
higher positions in Federal Government from State or Local offices. However,
there is little chance of one getting to the U.S. Presidency without a
proper position to stair-step.

On most cases, name and face recognition comes from high offices such as
senator, governor, U.S. House, etc.

Having his state status would embolden his chances to U.S. Presidency.

(That is unless you're a firm supporter of Hillery/Obama or unknown trying
to take the position. I'd be proud to see a LA governor take the highest
position in the land. (Imagine the prestige and opportunity we'd get??)
Governors come dime a dozen but a LA-based president has never happened
(short of a very close chance by Huey Long (who many believe was killed
because he posed a sure threat to take the office of presidency in the
1930's depression era).

Again, if any liberals out there do not wish a Jindal Governorship in the
first place, then it's a moot point. <smile>. I just can't see some of our
campaigners ever believing they can do as such -- much less making it a
reality.

-=-jer-=-

I understand that leaving a position before term could upset some; I think
his popularity makes that so. His constituents could be upset because they
supported him in that position, they want him in that position and don't
want someone else in that position.

However I believe the majority of his district will be supportive in his
campaign for Governor because he is the best candidate in the field. He
will be forgiven for leaving mid-term because he will be perceived as the
one to be in the Gov position.

That's my 2 cents...hey Jim, we keep putting pennies in the pot and I hear a
booray game comin on :>)
Cindy Meyers