[StBernard] Boasso Press on the Ferriday speech . .

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 8 22:01:57 EDT 2007

FERRIDAY - Gubernatorial candidate Walter Boasso, pledging to try to fix the
education system and healthcare in Louisiana, made a stop in the area
Thursday. "It let me look at the ineptness of government at all levels."
Boasso said he wants to change the direction of the state by working with
the educational system. "We have talked about education for a long time," he
said. "How come we never do anything about it?"

****Was't Mr. Boasso in state government for years? How come WE never do
anything about it??

"One way Boasso wants to go about getting that accomplished is to bundle
high
school and technical college education, giving students the chance to earn a
diploma and learn a trade, he said."

****Eh, wasn't this tried already with Chalmette High and St. Bernard
Community College? Overcrowded, sharing books, rooms, parking, etc.. It
didn't seem to work very well when it moved to a better choice: Changing the
Technical College to Nunez Community College. Has that failed as well under
the state's design?

"Boasso also said he wants to simplify testing." "We'll test at the
beginning of the year, then give the same test at the
middle of the year to see if the kids are learning or if the teacher needs
help," he said. "Then we'll give the same test at the end of the year."

****Perhaps we should lower the standards to "accommodate" the stupid and
minorities as they've created a "beef complaint" saying it's racial to test
4th and 8th graders to keep standards intact. What is Mr. Boasso attempting
to do? -- get or keep LA last in education in America? We should be
excelling and not "lowering the children's educational standard".

He also wants to level the playing field with insurance companies, Boasso
said. "We have bent over backward for them, and we have pushed a lot of
buttons
for them and they have not done anything for us," he said.

****Sure, after voting to raising insurance rates, etc. for the state's
greedy insurance companies.

Healthcare and the charity hospital system is another big concern for
Boasso, he said.

**Yeah, and perhaps get a decent hospital some decade in St. Bernard and New
Orleans?

One idea he is considering is a limited insurance program for people who
need it, he said.

****What?? Limited? You mean limit more companies to stay in LA? Then the
greedy compaies who made $6 billion in profit in 2006 can make even more in
raised premiums?

"The only way we're going to change things is to hold people accountable,
make the hard decision and not worry about the (political) consequences," he
said."

**Welllll. We all hold our state senators accountable as well. Governors as
well. Local officials as well. All who take up political office either lives
by their actions or dies on the political vine if not lead a responsible,
accountable, respectable, and achievable tenure. If it isn't the money that
candidates seek office, it must be the presiege/egomaniacal thrill (and yes,
in rare cases, the norm IS wanting to serve).

Which persona is Mr. Boasso, Mr. Jindal, Mr. Georges, Mr. Dis, Mr. Dat,
etc..etc..Whoever the heck is chasing an office down.

Don't worry folks. After Katrina, we're going to hold our next governor,
senators, representatives and so forth VERY accountable for their
performance in office. Believe me, there is NOTHING like a St. Bernard
Victim who's seen it all in ineptness, poor performance and corruption. We
grew stronger, smarter and are for the 1000% benefit wiser for that mishap.

--It can't be plainer. Things HAVE to change. Hopefully we get the right
people in office this time around because we can ill-afford not to do so.

--jer--