[StBernard] St. Rita's Verdict

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 8 22:13:07 EDT 2007

I hope the families of St. Rita patients who died have recourse to be able
to sue the Manganos through civil suits.

I read a lot of the posts after the article on nola.com. Some people were
of the opinion that if families had folks in St. Rita's and were worried
about them that they, the families, should have taken their loved ones when
they evacuated. To me, however, that begs the question that the families
put their loved ones in the facility because their care was above what the
families could handle at home and so they entrusted their loved ones to the
care of professionals at St. Rita's. In that regard I think Sal and Mabel
were negligent.

Jim