[StBernard] Boasso Press on the Ferriday speech . .

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Sep 9 22:40:09 EDT 2007

Westley,

They have a similar situation (from what I've gathered and understood) in
Germany. Those with the desire, proper schooling or testing and such can go
on to University. Those who do not can get vocational training.

In the case of my friends in Germany, Doro went to University while Juergen
went to vocational training with Siemens. He held a rather good position
with them and then went to another company that was a supplier to Airbus
Industrie and also supplied parts for one of the European commonly-developed
fighter aircraft.

I'll paste in some of their background here:

Name Dorothée

Jürgen

born on <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_5>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967> ,

born in Cologne <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne>
Euskirchen <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euskirchen>

Vocational training University degree in economics
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics> Industrie-Kaufmann

Profession Business Development
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_development> Manager Father
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father>

Current employment allesklar.com AG
<http://www.allesklar.com/show.php?page=startseite&_lang=en> (meinestadt.de
<http://www.meinestadt.de/> )

>From their website:

we moved together in 1992, after Doros stay at the University of Marburg
<http://www.wiwi.uni-marburg.de/> , and lived for four years in
Gelsenkirchen, where Doro made her degree in economics at the University of
Essen <http://www.uni-essen.de/fachbereiche/fb05/fb5.html> and Jürgen
completed his education at Siemens to become an 'Industriekaufmann'.

I don't know exactly what the Industriekaufmann is (Gaby could you help?)
but until the point where Juergen decided to be a stay-at-home-dad for
awhile, he was more successfully employed than Doro. She had difficulty
getting back to work after she had their son.

I gather there is no stigma or whatever if you don't go to university, I
guess as long as you can be gainfully employed.

Don't know if I'm getting the point across clearly or not but the situation
in Germany seems similar to what Walter was talking about.

Gaby, if you still have family in Germany can you help to explain this?

Jim