[StBernard] Bobby Jindal - Above the Law, Below the table.

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 11 22:07:45 EDT 2007

Cindy, you are most welcome. I've always felt fortunate to have the right
kind of people teach me in my younger years about campaigning the right way.
Ed Renwick, who most see on Channel 4, was my first teacher and never
believed in negative campaigns. Also during this time I got to know a
gentleman who I have always looked up to and used as the model for "public
service," Mr. Jimmy Fitzmorris, former New Orleans Councilman and Lt.
Governor. Mr. Jimmy and his daughter Lisa have been long time, personal
friends.

It was Mr. Jimmy who told me on several occasion "Johnny, if you have to lie
or hurt someone in order to win an election, then the office is not worth
holding." I have always believed and lived by this. I even take this
belief a step further by refusing to get into political games or
"shananigans" during a campaign - clearly an Irish based term I picked up
from Jimmy Fitzmorris.

I've almost gotten to the point of having distain for anyone who commits the
act of political posturing for an election/public office. Such people see
running for public office as an "opportunity" instead of being an honor and
humbled by the notion of being elected by the people. Such opportunists
rarely, if ever, do a good job while holding the office. More often than
not they use the office to see how much benefit and financial reward it can
garner for themselves or those they are in politcal debt to.

A sure tip off of such a candidate would the be the employee or relative of
another well established or former/past public official - "nothing like
keeping it in the family." We like to think (or fool ourselves) in this
country that by defeating the British and gaining our independence that we
put an end to aristocracy in America. The history of holding public office
has proven that wrong time and time again. You only need to look at our
current presidency.

John Scurich