[StBernard] Barksdale AFB to serve as interim command for Cyber Command; Statement from Governor Blanco

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 13 22:36:25 EDT 2007

Barksdale AFB to serve as interim command for Cyber Command; Statement from Governor Blanco

BATON ROUGE - Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco issued the following statement today after the US Air Force announced Barksdale Air Force Base as the site of the interim command for Cyber Command.

"This is great news for the Bossier-Shreveport area and for all of Louisiana. The establishment of an interim command is an important step in the process of bringing the Cyber Command to Barksdale. Such a project would bring millions in new investment funds, and hundreds of new, high-tech jobs to Northwest Louisiana. We proactivley committed $50 million out of our economic development fund during the Legislative session to help recruit the project, and indeed we are now seeing results, supporting a bright future for Louisiana."

###