[StBernard] Judge rules St. Bernard sheriff candidate cannotseek election

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 20 21:40:37 EDT 2007

I read that Barry Bernadas was appealing this decision. Many people are not

home yet and Bernadas owns other homes in the parish. Just cause he is not
home yet does not mean St. Bernard is not his home. He said his son has a
very serious heart condition and should not be here just yet. Only one
thrid of St. Bernardians are home. I think if their intent is to come home,

they should be able to run. Isn't Judge Fernandez Sheriff Stephen's cousin?

I don't know if I'm right about this. Anyway, we will all see how this
plays out after appeal and we will all abide by the final judge's decision.

Laurie