[StBernard] Week or day in Review:

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 22 21:22:11 EDT 2007

Firstly, I think it's been a bad week for minorities, liberals and
politicians:

Firstly, the press has been inundated with trash dealings from
Landrieu/HClinton and Mr. Hsu. Donated/accepted funs of hundreds of
thousands of dollars "Rejected, and the heads rolled" when Hsu got busted
for illegal campaign contributions to the liberals who "ran like roaches"
and quickly distance themselves to avoid the scandal in which they were
involved. We'll see how that pans.

Boasso on LEAP -- hmmmm, come on Walter. Why lower our kids standards in
education by wanting to "disembowel the leap tests" from existence, knowing
how many teachers, educators, etc. thoughtfully planned 4th/8th grade
testing to steady/prepare our kids toward upper high school for which will
prepare them for college. Failing to pass testing says loudly, "you are not
ready to continue until you've grasped ideas" that are required to
understand concepts, math, etc. of a higher grade. Leave it to you to worsen
the situation by allowing the stupid to go forward. Don't you know that
learning is the ultimate goal of testing? We all understand that making
things easier on students won't teach, but in effect give the opposite
result: pass a kid not ready for higher education. Similar to saying, "Oh,
John, it's all right you made a "D". It's a LOT better than getting an F.
That "good enough mentality" limits the mind to not accept challenges,
accept OK more than great, and lessens the horizon of the child as he
develops mentally. Mr. Boasso, I don't believe I want you teaching my child.
(or running my state). Pitiful at best.

Jena Marchers: My feet are hurting even though I didn't get involved in a
march/rally this millennium. Hopefully, St. Bernard, Northshore and westward
bound people in LA (or anywhere) won't have to face this ^&%$ anytime soon.
It's a complicated world and has nothing but sophisticated solutions. It's
almost time for Armageddon and the Second Coming to take stage. Many have
had enough and want retribution to begin. If everybody would just exhibit
righteous living along with fellowship and the dignity needed to be ready,
the fear won't be as painful.

As Star Trek's Spock might say, "live long and prosper--but live a good and
peaceful existence with others and in one with your Maker".

--jer--