[StBernard] Does Bobby Have Any Shame? but please allow himacallfora ride home???

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 22 22:41:19 EDT 2007

Nobody ever said the planning was going to be easy, but that's why you give
yourself time if you're the daughter of the friend. You need to be
"creative" in your planning.

Let me give an unrelated example of how I am planning for something others
might say is nearly impossible. I have already signed an agreement and paid
a modest retainer to some contractors that if/when the next storm comes and
does damage to my house, they have to service my home first. If they don't,
they are in breach of contract, and my contractual agreement says what their
penalty is for breaching - and its gonna hurt'em. So, they will come
through, or else. Granted, the agreement stands for only for a specified
number of years and I agree to customary repair costs - and they still have
to remain in business. If they disolve their business, I get my retainer
back.

Now, I could see someone contacting with an ambulance service or some
transport service capable of moving a loved one from a care facility on the
same terms I have with my contractors. I don't' know how much of the
individual's medical insurance will cover such service, but you never know
if you don't ask. Besides, if you have to you pay it out of your own
pocket.

With enough time and thinking, I believe each person can come up with a
proper plan to handle the situation.

John