[StBernard] Jena 6- check out CNN Kyra Phillips report!!!!!!!

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 26 23:40:00 EDT 2007

Ok, I'll concur that the White Tree Owners were not a model citizen (or was
so ignorant that they allow anything in life go on without them.

Concerning your "discrimination as a woman" (we discussed this a year ago
and we had no winners since I was once discriminated as a "white-Male
Americana" with 20 yrs. Experience and bypassed for a good job because I
wasn't a minority with no experience needed! <the old-fashioned quota rule),
but let's not get into this because as we know ALL are discriminated in life
and not just minorities.

Concerning looking from what it's like to be black? Jeez, is every white
American rich? I know of a trillion people personally who struggle,
(especially, the working poor who can't make their monthly, weekly or daily
bills!). That discussion doesn't hold "da water of Katrina.

ALL are given equal opportunity under the laws of the U.S.. All are given
education (even as poor, there are free education, college if one can't
afford it) and "loans" for the rest of us who can't get free college
education.

Who takes advantage of it rather than listening and "acting/reacting" to Rap
music, drug-based acid rock, etc. and let that dictate their lives (which
ultimately will disturb those who seek peace in their life, safety in their
world and misery for the rest of their lives.

I've seen firsthand those who get welfare assistance, give their kids a bag
of chips, then use the money to buy outfits for prostitution or drugs.

Yes, the argument of the honorable Mr. Blanco calling the shots to Mr. Bush
late, caused much of government to fail, and the FEMA chief fell because of
it. St. Bernard parish needs as much assistance now as in the early days
because depression of money and minds cannot be "ignored by the ignorant"
who does not realize the depth of hurt and pain we all are experiencing with
each and every working day.

God save da parish.

--jer--

Jer,

I did find the Federal Prosecutor, the credible black guy as you called
him, very much a neutral person in the situation. However, I don't think
there's this huge fear lying over the community forcing them to lie about
their feelings and have a fear. They may fear saying something completely
racists, but even as you said the population is overwhelmingly white.

The only reason why I brought it up was someone in the forum asked if
anyone knew something about the situation. My point was just to point out
that it was an escalating issue that should have been better dealt with. As
to CNN's liberal view, I don't think anyone in St. Bernard would consider
the coverage that it provided St. Bernard as "Liberal". I haven't heard CNN
calling for impeachment hearings for the war crimes for Iraq like I have
from other "liberal" agencies. While some of the "hosts" may have liberal
views their shows may have a liberal vibe, calling it a liberal station with
such a broad stroke I don't believe is fair.

Now you asked about my feelings. Personally, I think the school board
should have let the principle handle the situation. Considering that two of
the morons that hung the nooses have already dropped out of school, one
because he was wasting classroom space (as stated by his mother), speaks
volumes. I think, yes to a point some parts of this is being blown out of
proportion, but then again, I'm not black. However, I am a woman who was
discriminated against for a job because I was a woman. And yes, at times
when things aren't working out, I sometimes wonder if it's because I'm a
woman. It's hard to judge a persons feelings unless you've been there. As
woman I will make about 20 cents less an hour for no other reason than
because I' a woman. WE in St. Bernard, as a community, hear about this
Katrina Fatigue. HOWEVER, we as a community know real Katrina Fatigue- tired
of government, tired of broken promises, tired of unfair treatment, tired of
waiting, tired of no answers, tired of not getting a fair shake. The
opponents side, Louisiana has gotten the largest ever federal disbursement
of funds to a state in the history of America. Most people would tell us we
should have had flood, we lived near water, it's just common sense. Why
haven't you finished cleaning up yet, it's been two years. Stop putting your
hand out for more free rides. Our argument, the government should have kept
us better informed, things should have been handled better with our tax
dollars, and (The one comment I truly agree with) they haven't cleaned up
that 16 acre hole in the ground in New York in 6 years, we lost over
100,000, call us in six years! So how does all this relate, just like we
can't make people understand why 2 years later we aren't totally back to
normal and why we still need help, I can't begin to understand what it's
like to be black in America and face some of these things and to understand
how and what to feel. BUT, we do understand what it feels like to have your
government abandon you. So maybe instead of viewing this through our
"white"skin we should be looking at this like the victims we all are from a
government that forgot us.

Wendy H