[StBernard] Sheriff's Race - Crime

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 29 08:49:14 EDT 2007

"After all, if we really believe it is wrong, we
should spread the word to others that it is wrong. Just as we believe
abortion is wrong, we would be in a state of sin if we told others it was ok
for them to have an abortion because they are not catholic. --Laurie."

Jer: Laurie, in our Catholic faith, if we follow our teachings, our Pope's
mandates, and Christianity, we have learned that no law can supersede it. If
our faith says that homosexuality is cursed/wrong, we must believe
faithfully that it is corruptible to our tradition and Christianity. If we
believe in moral condemnation for adultery, and any of the ten commandments,
than no law is greater than these.

It is our right to say no when it involves us directly and should promote
goodness in its teachings. We are not in sin if we are true to ourselves,
our faith and our God. Everything else is secondary in the order of things.
Christians believe life is the most precious entity. Nothing else on earth
is more loved by the Almighty than his human creation. Nothing. No killing
of any kind, under any circumstance as we are the Lord's creation and it is
his to remove from existence. Now, I just mentioned it is wrong to
Christians (and many organized religions of the Lord). I don't feel sinful
in the least way. In fact, if one does God's will, you'll get the Lord's
"brownie points" for afterlife salvation! <smile>.

To that degree, anytime we shift away from the commandments leave us more
distance from His love. (as will be determined by eternal damnation on
judgment day.

Non-believers? This does not apply to you. Just people who are concerned
about saving their skin beyond mortal existence.

I do not believe we're on earth to be mud when we die.

Other than that, Crime is evil and those who wish to break laws have become,
well in President Bush's words, an "evildoer" ;^)

--jer--

Jer,

I believe, also, that abstinence is best. But aren't we (you and I) drawing
a very fine line between what we believe and what we will accept or condone
for others? Non-catholic people are not bound by our catholic beliefs, but
by us condoning their behavior (their use of birth control in this case)
isn't that a sin on our part? Even though we do not practice that birth
control, isn't urging others, or condoning others to do so, even if they are
not catholic, sinful? After all, if we really believe it is wrong, we