[StBernard] Governor Blanco urges support of SCHIP expansion

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 29 10:47:44 EDT 2007

As I understand, it will let folks who make up
to 4 times the poverty level become eligible for the program

I am not too familiar with the details, but I have to figure an amount of
the poverty level (what is it now, 15 grant) times four, might be possible
to live comfortably in a family with 2.5 kids, but health care cost for the
kids has gone through the roof.
If the feds fork over money for paying for those costs, maybe these inflated
health care prices will be forced down again.
I obtained emergency healthcare for my daughter overseas when needed, and
paid cash. It was exceptional care and cost less than a dinner out for us as
a family. Then why do we have to fork over hundred plus bucks just to be
seen in an ER and still get a bill?
Thank goodness I now have health insurance, but the prices they have to pay,
even on the negotiated plan, are appalling.
I also think that a big part of that money goes to overhead cost, due to the
enormous and ridiculous paperwork involved. That joke of a paperwork
reduction act was.................wellllllllllll .....a joke

Gaby
To live only for some future goal is shallow.
It's the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top.

-Robert M. Pirsig