[StBernard] Sheriff's Race - Crime

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 29 10:48:34 EDT 2007

Yes Jer, It is our right, but also our obligation to say no to all things
we believe are sinful, but I was taught in my catholic church that it is
also our obligation to say tell others if we think something is wrong and to
spread the "Good News". If we lead them astray, or tell them such and such
is ok when it is not, we are leading someone else into what we believe to be
sin. Just as I would love a person even if they were homosexual, I would
not say, it's ok to lead that life full out, no matter what their religion.
Even though I could not change their choice to be who they feel they are, I
would also have to point out that it is my opinion that lifestyle is wrong.
Love the sinner but hate the sin. We all have to follow our own conscious.

Laurie

> "After all, if we really believe it is wrong, we

> should spread the word to others that it is wrong. Just as we believe

> abortion is wrong, we would be in a state of sin if we told others it was

ok

> for them to have an abortion because they are not catholic. --Laurie."

> Jer: Laurie, in our Catholic faith, if we follow our teachings, our Pope's

> mandates, and Christianity, we have learned that no law can supersede it.

If

> our faith says that homosexuality is cursed/wrong, we must believe

> faithfully that it is corruptible to our tradition and Christianity. If we

> believe in moral condemnation for adultery, and any of the ten

commandments,

> than no law is greater than these.

> It is our right to say no when it involves us directly and should promote

> goodness in its teachings. We are not in sin if we are true to ourselves,

> our faith and our God. Everything else is secondary in the order of

things.

> Christians believe life is the most precious entity. Nothing else on earth

> is more loved by the Almighty than his human creation. Nothing. No killing

> of any kind, under any circumstance as we are the Lord's creation and it

is

> his to remove from existence. Now, I just mentioned it is wrong to

> Christians (and many organized religions of the Lord). I don't feel sinful

> in the least way. In fact, if one does God's will, you'll get the Lord's

> "brownie points" for afterlife salvation! <smile>.

> To that degree, anytime we shift away from the commandments leave us more

> distance from His love. (as will be determined by eternal damnation on

> judgment day.

> Non-believers? This does not apply to you. Just people who are concerned

> about saving their skin beyond mortal existence.

> I do not believe we're on earth to be mud when we die.

> Other than that, Crime is evil and those who wish to break laws have

become,