[StBernard] Socialized Medicine's Front Door

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 29 20:29:43 EDT 2007

Jim,

Yep, I'm on my wife's policy. That's one of the primary reasons she works,
is for the insurance.

The plans I've seen offered from the Archdiocese of New Orleans and the
Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux both offered plans for self, self + spouse, self
+ kids, or self, spouse + kids.

Now, there was never any distinction on the number of kids. One kid cost as
much as ten kids (I wish tuition was like that).

Why would the DINKs carrying their spouses on each other's policies? From
what I know of insurance rules, your personal policy is always primary and
would pay first.

Employers usually contributed enough to cover a single person and the rest
of the family would have to be covered out-of-pocket. Why pay for two
policies?

Westley