[StBernard] Socialized Medicine's Front Door

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Sep 30 15:54:56 EDT 2007

Yes, overlapping insurance policies where but one pays is wasteful to the
insured. This scenario is warranted when two policies are in force
simultaneously and but one claim can be filed.

If it covered "co-pay" where one picks up where the other leaves off is
another thing.

Still Socialized medicine is not what I want--where the government handles
my healthcare. Do we really want them in charge of this, knowing how they
run things?

--jer--

Jim,

Yep, I'm on my wife's policy. That's one of the primary reasons she works,
is for the insurance.

The plans I've seen offered from the Archdiocese of New Orleans and the
Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux both offered plans for self, self + spouse, self
+ kids, or self, spouse + kids.

Now, there was never any distinction on the number of kids. One kid cost as
much as ten kids (I wish tuition was like that).

Why would the DINKs carrying their spouses on each other's policies? From
what I know of insurance rules, your personal policy is always primary and
would pay first.

Employers usually contributed enough to cover a single person and the rest
of the family would have to be covered out-of-pocket. Why pay for two
policies?

Westley