[StBernard] Kenny Henderson

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 4 21:43:25 EDT 2007

Karen:

I agree with you 100%. My hope is that any of the public officials will
rattle the chain even when it is outside their district. It's obvious Jr is
asleep at the wheel. I specifically spent several hours today riding around
from Murphy to Carolyn Park, and did not find one instance where debris was
being picked up, nor where a home was being demolished . I believe that the
hightest priority should be given to demolish those ungutted homes next to
homes that are being lived in. From here, I believe that the parish should
look its best, to outsiders and to residents driving to and from work. That
is why I believe that we should be seeing demolitions at the trailer park
between Splash and Springer Furniture, Jay's Screens (782 JPD), the old Post
Office/Randazzo's building (301 JPD/ work order #5440) the old Southern
Savings/Tonry?Law Office next to Home Depot (w/o 06583), etc. These should
be brought up for discussion at every council meeting, and if they are no
longer schedule for demolition, then remove the work order numbers and make
sure that the buildings are gutted and secured. The information on the
web-site is outdated, so my opinions are based on the trash piles I see, the
ungutted homes, high grass, etc.

I wish all the Council Members twould travel throughout the parish and make
note of these buildings that require action and share their findings as
concerned elected officials. That does not appear likely under the current
adminstration. For example, As I understood it, Village Square was going
to be reduced by 2/3. Does that include the hospital, so now the project is
complete? I hope not. The area is a rat haven and the longer these
buildings sit, the worse it will be to ever get control over the problem.

I also ask Kenny and Mr. Lopez with the levee board to review and agree that
the two block stretch of the 20 Arpent Canal (From Campagna Drive, under
the bridge to Corinne Estates, and on to Charles drive up to its turn
adjacent Chalona drive. ) There are trees growning in the canal, there is
debris, it is a safety hazard, and a rat haven. It appeared that the levee
board did some dredging along Palmansano Blvd. This is only three blocks
and the crane can move along these streets (The ground adjacent the canal
would be too soft) without dispupting traffice, and this one time efforts
would last for the next 25 years or so , based on based experience.

Please undertstand that I am not attacking Kenny. I am, however, trying to
present him with issues both within the district and within the parish.
This needs to be a parish-wide effort, and I can't see where that is
happening with the current adminstration. By the time the elections are
over and the new members hit the ground, we will be close to the March
deadline, and realistically, we cannot wait that long.

JFR

It seems to me that the councilperson for that area (includilng
Village
Square) isn't doing a very good job. We need to remember this when
we go to
the polls.

Karen Fernandez