[StBernard] ROCKEY RETURNS TO NEW ORLEANS & PHILADELPHIA

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 4 22:03:53 EDT 2007

FORGOTTEN ON THE BAYOU: Rockey's Mission to the White House
www.forgottenonthebayou.com <http://www.forgottenonthebayou.com/>

WINNER OF THE 2007 HUMANITARIAN VISION AWARD - NEWPORT BEACH FILM FESTIVAL

BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE - MOONDANCE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL - HOLLYWOOD

REMI AWARD WINNER - HOUSTON WORLD FEST

INVITED BY THE SAN DIEGO FILM SOCIETY TO SCREEN FOR THE 800 WHO'S WHO OF
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

And more!

Here's what people say about the film:

"Forgotten on the Bayou" doesn't look or feel like a documentary; in spirit
and tone, it's the closest thing I've seen to a classic Frank Capra
movie...except it's all true. This David and Goliath story, much like its
hero, Rocky Vacarella, is a real one-of-a-kind. Fresh, funny, and wildly
entertaining, "Forgotten on the Bayou" plays out like a Michael Moore film
with one major difference: You don't feel depressed or cynical exiting the
theater; you feel elated."
David Dubos
Movie Talk

"Not a dry eye in my house during the viewing. Rockey is truly an incredible
individual and those that backed him and believed in him are no less heroic.
Congratulations is not an adequate word. No words are adequate. It is truly
the most remarkable documentary I have ever seen."
Garland Robinette
WWL Radio

"Rockey's road leads to inspiring film. (Director) Scaffidi positions the
film as an inspirational story, a statement about what one person can
accomplish if he puts his mind to it. It also bears an undeniable relevance,
given all the work that still must be done."
Mike Scott
Times Picayune

"It was an inspiring movie...inspiring movie! This picture presented the
heart and soul of the folks in St. Bernard Parish."
Chairman Donald Powell
Head of Gulf Coast Rebuilding

"The film was spectacular. Rockey did one hell of a job. I tell you,
following him from leaving here and making it all the way to Washington,
D.C., it was like I was going with him."
Charmaine Neville
Award-Winning Entertainer

See the audience reaction:

Nunez College: http://youtube.com/watch?v=WG02y6V4KnY
<http://youtube.com/watch?v=WG02y6V4KnY>

Hollywood: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bl0Y6iPvsIc
<http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bl0Y6iPvsIc>

Upcoming Screenings:

Ozone Film Festival
Friday, October 5th @ 9PM
www.ozonefilmfest.com <http://www.ozonefilmfest.com/>

First Glance Philadelphia Film Festival
Saturday, October 6th @ 5PM
www.firstglancefilms.com <http://www.firstglancefilms.com/>

San Diego, California
By invitation of the San Diego Film Society
Tuesday, November 6th
(invitation only)

Available for world-wide distribution:
David Garber