[StBernard] tryphorgetting

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 11 21:52:35 EDT 2007

Jer,

In the course of human events sounds like nothing more than an excuse,
same as a drunk driver killing someone and saying it's not my fault I have a
problem. When you picked up that first drink you knew you had a problem and
you were not too drunk not to make rational choices then, but still kept
going and killed someone. IN no way do I not support our troops, my father
both grand parents, and great grand parents, etc. were all part of our great
military. HOWEVER, I do not agree with the lies and distortion he and his
vice president has portrayed. He sent our military to their deaths. The Pres
and vice pres were very much aware of the consequences of those actions. Is
their actions genocide, maybe not but definitely MURDER. On Youtube, there
is an interview with Cheney, done around 1991- Desert Storm time. And in the
interview Cheney told Fox News, that had Daddy Bush invaded Iraq we would be
looking at instability for DECADES!!!!!! Everything he said in that
interview has come to fruition(haven't used that word much watching Barney
and Dora everyday). The only difference, he foresees more death than has
occurred. Many of the dictators of the world were not with Hussein at the
time of our invasion because of what was said and presented at the United
Nations. Look at our standing in the world today and see how even England is
backing out of this mess. You still haven't explained why it is sooooo okay
to invade Iraq but it wasn't okay to go to Somalia, why are we not in
Darfur, other parts of Africa (I guess it's okay to maim women and rape
them, just so long as they don't kill them?) and Haiti? Should we now launch
an attack on Burma for the Buddhist Monks? Hell, let's invade Russia, I mean
their mob gangs are terrorizing citizens, not they we ever had mobs in the
US. Like I said, I'm not a pacifist, however, their are limitations to our
troops, and how much more of those expended resources could have been used
here following Katrina? I mean, during this past winter, the federal
government AIR DROPPED hay to cattle during the winter, but couldn't get
people out or fresh water into New Orleans?
The only thing that confuses me Jer is this, for someone so pro-life,
you're for war, probably pro-gun. Basically saying that woman have to have
kids so that the government can kill them? You are very much welcome to
follow your president and drink from the Bush "Kool-aid", I'll just follow
good ol' common sense.