[StBernard] Truth in Advertising

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 11 22:16:30 EDT 2007

Team Jindal,
I wanted to make sure you have seen the most recent newspaper endorsements
of Bobby Jindal today. Below you can read the endorsement of the Gambit
Weekly that said: "More than anything else, Bobby Jindal's integrity is
above reproach." The Ouachita Citizen said: "It's time for a change.It's
time for Bobby Jindal." The Baton Rouge Business Report said, "Bobby Jindal
has the vision, integrity, ideas and energy to lead our state and change our
image at a crucial time." And, of course, the Times Picayune weighed in with
their own endorsement, saying: "Bobby Jindal is our unequivocal choice at
this crucial moment in Louisiana's history."
Thank you for your support,
Timmy Teepell
Campaign Manager
Bobby Jindal 2007

Gambit Weekly: Bobby Jindal for Governor
http://www.bestofneworleans.com/dispatch/2007-10-09/commentary.php
"Jindal today is an older, wiser and more nuanced candidate than he was when
we endorsed him in the runoff four years ago. Back then, he was a bright,
fast-talking policy wonk. He speaks more slowly now; more important, he
listens more as well, and listening is an often-underrated leadership trait.
Long considered an expert on health care, Jindal has expanded his
intellectual 'base" since 2003. His campaign platform focuses on economic
development, education, crime, state spending and ethics."
"More than anything else, Bobby Jindal's integrity is above reproach. Given
Louisiana's history of political corruption, that will be an immediate
asset. As soon as he is sworn in as governor, he promises to call a special
session to enact sweeping ethics reforms. That means full financial
disclosure for legislators and an end to self-dealing among politicians at
all levels of government."

Ouachita Citizen: Jindal's the One
http://www.ouachitacitizen.com/news.php?id=1371
"The trait Jindal possesses is one that few men or women can lay claim to.
That trait, for the lack of a better description, is a burning desire to do
what it takes to get a job done to make life better for all of society
without concern for securing credit for one's self in the eyes of the
average man or woman on the street, or the opinion writers, or the movers
and shakers."
"It's time for a change.It's time for Bobby Jindal."

Baton Rouge Business Report: Speak out at the polls on Oct. 20
http://www.businessreport.com/news/2007/oct/09/speak-out-polls-oct-20/?colum
nists

"I endorsed Jindal four years ago as the best candidate to lead our state.
He didn't get that opportunity. Jindal wasn't the only one who
lost-Louisiana lost. (Post-Katrina/Rita, I think many who voted for his
opponent now would agree.) My position on who should be our next governor
hasn't changed. As I first shared in this column in February, I am again
supporting Jindal and have even gotten back in the trenches by serving as
his treasurer.
"Because of that, I committed to refraining from sharing my opinions on the
governor's race prior to this Oct. 9 issue. Now, I will simply say to
Louisiana voters that Bobby Jindal has the vision, integrity, ideas and
energy to lead our state and change our image at a crucial time. Let's not
make the same mistake twice."

Times Picayune: Bobby Jindal for Governor
http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/editorials/index.ssf?/base/news-4/1191858615211
170.xml&coll=1
"These monumental challenges call for an extraordinary leader. We need a
governor who transcends conventional politics, is sharply focused on a
better future and offers a decisive break from a past mired in
underachievement and corruption. We believe Bobby Jindal is that person."
"The list is too long to fit here, but Mr. Jindal has practical ideas for
everything from crime prevention to health care to reining in state
spending."
"His energy and innovative approach to government are refreshing, as is his
instinct for efficiency, business- friendly measures and job creation. And
his ability to dig into the nitty-gritty work of government is impressive."
"But it's Mr. Jindal's intangible qualities that give shape to a leader: a
sense of purpose, a strong ethical compass and a passion to make our state a
better place.Bobby Jindal is our unequivocal choice at this crucial moment
in Louisiana's history."