[StBernard] John Georges responds to Jindal's Attack Ads

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 12 22:56:48 EDT 2007

Okay, let's put all the facts on the table. To be quite honest, there's
absolutely NOTHING false in what Jindal says about Georges in the tv spot.
Let's look at the facts...

1) John Georges is the "Video Poker Gambling King" of Louisiana. A huge
chunk of his wealth comes from gambling with his video poker machines.
Georges cannot refute this. But, that's not all Georges is "king" of in
Louisiana, which leads to...

2) John Georges is owner of Imperial Distributors...you say you've never
heard of Imperial? It's one of the biggest, if not "the biggest" cigarette
distributors in the state. The company is also one of the state's biggest
vending machine businesses in schools throughout Louisiana. So, Mr. Georges
wealth comes from distributing the leading cause of death and illness in our
state - cigarettes. And....

3) Georges' Imperial Distributors dumps tons of every kind of junk and crap
into our kids with candy, junk food, etc. which many experts say is where
our kids' health problems begin - adolescent obesity among the many
problems.

Not to mention, Georges does indeed say in his one his mail outs that he
thinks the State Police have too much authority in its investigations of
corruption within Louisiana gambling operations and as governor would try to
restrain the ability of the state to make such investigations. I thought it
was absurd to hear of that. I couldn't believe it. Now, we know why
credible organizations like the Louisiana Association of Business and
Industry (LABI) think so little of John Georges - because he's really not
the kind of business he would have you to believe. He has few, if any,
regular salaried employees and I wouldn't hold your breath that he provides
health care benefits - such sales commission type jobs rarely ever do.

If a run off takes place in the Governor's race, and somehow Mr. Georges is
the opponent of Bobby Jindal, by the time Jindal is finished running these
attack themes against Georges and exposing his businesses, Georges will want
to move to another state. He's finished once all this gets out.

John Scurich