[StBernard] For Craig

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Oct 13 00:00:20 EDT 2007

Craig: Thanks for getting the ball moving again on the debris cleanup.
There was quite a bit of activity the past two days, and the streets look
considerably better. I have two thoughts that I would like to share with
you. The first is that the parish should issue a proclamation thanking
Wal-Mart for its generous use of property since Katrina, and for their
donations to Katrina relief efforts. (During the seven months we were in
Chattanooga traveling back and forth, there were donation "bowls" at the
three different Wal-Mart stores we patronized.) Also, as part of our
continuing effort to return the parish to "normalcy", shouldn't C&C Drugs
return to its former building. I realize that it is close to the clinic,
however there are other drug stores on Judge Perez Drive that can fill
prescriptions from their locations, so why should C&C have an advantage?
This is not against C&C - it is an excellent drug store with quality
employees. I simply look at this as another opportunity to return to
pre-Katrina status. (assuming, of course that the post Katrina
operation/premises is better than pre-Katrina.)
JOHN