[StBernard] Torres' trash company

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 18 08:16:39 EDT 2007

To whomever:

Well, I don't live in that district. I saw a reference to the website
(www.stopsdt.org) on nola.com's sbp forum. I just could not believe all the
crap Sidney is being allowed to put in there and it being allowed,
especially the porta-potties.

We lived in Dist. E, but still not back yet. Issues with parental illness,
lack of medical care in the parish (her cardiologist is now 30 miles away in
Slidell - primary Dr. left the state) and also housing issues; no place to
live down there: no more FEMA trailers.

Jim

Jim, contact La. DEQ and file a complaint. Explain in your complaint
(or
anyone could do it) that the Parish should have never given a permit
for
this facility to be located next to/in a residential neighborhood.
DEQ is
required by law to investigate the complaint. You might also want to
contact the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to see what sort of
complaint can be filed on their level of government, as well as
contact the
La. Dept. of Health and Hospitals to see if some issue here might
fall under
their jurisdiction, since what you point out clearly demonstrates
health
concerns. Who knows, but between all three agencies coming down on
them,
that might be enough to convince them to relocate their facility.